Visit the second floor of the Watson-Curtze Mansion to see the restored bedroom and bathroom filled with a tribute to the Curtze Family. The exhibit features furniture, paintings and many Curtze family possessions.
In 1923, the mansion was sold to Frederick Felix Curtze by Winifred Watson Griswold. Mr. Curtze was the treasurer of the Erie Dime Savings Bank and president of the Erie Trust Company, Heisler Locomotive Works, Union Iron Works and the Keystone Fish Company.
Frederick was one of 12 children, and many of his siblings were involved in Erie industries, including food service and brewing. Rear Admiral Charles Curtze was one of the descendants of the original 12. The current Curtze Food Service is owned by descendants of one of the 12 Curtze siblings.
Frederick Felix, his wife Caroline Stohlman Curtze and two children, Louise M. and Frederick A., live in this mansion until 1941 when Mr. Curtze died.
His family offered the mansion to the Erie School District of the City of Erie to be used as a museum. The mansion later became part of the Hagen History Center campus.